Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Week 17 Wrap-up

Growing. Growing. Growing.

Weight gained: Up two more pounds! I think. It'd hard to tell, but I definitely feel bigger.

Workouts:  None really. It's been a pretty quiet week.  Took the pups for a few short walks, and walked a lot at work. The apt is currently a mess with prepping for the move, so doing my at home DVDs is sadly not an option. 

Symptoms:  Lots of stretching and round ligament pain.  Gummy is definitely growing and stretching and taking all my insides with it... :)

Movement: Possibly.  Getting so anxious, and feel like I'm reading into things that probably aren't it- but maybe, just maybe! So ready to feel something.  Come on Gummy give momma one swift kick to the insides!

Food Aversions:  Still bananas and avocados.  Seems to be a texture thing, more than a taste issue.

Food Cravings:  Nothing outrageous this week.  I've been craving smoothies and milkshakes, but haven't really given in yet-- I've been too lazy to make them, and too cheap to keep buying them.  Oh! And orange juice! I am really loving a cold glass of OJ-- which is strange, I've never really been able to stomach it before.  Ice water has also continued to be a close friend. 

Sleep:  Better this week, than last.  Still waking up two or three times a night to roll over, readjust, or blow my nose and remember to breathe.  Solid sleep has been coming easier this last week- as my allergies have finally started to calm down.

Stretch marks?  Not yet, but if I'm going to get them... They are sure to make their debut in the coming weeks.

Miss Anything?   A cold glass of wine.  With the hot weather we had this past week, I just wanted a small glass of white wine with frozen grapes.  And sushi!  All I could think about in the heat was how nice a good salmon roll would be for dinner.  It's going to be a long 5+ more months.

Happy or moody most of the time:  This week has been mostly happy.  I find myself getting stressed out more easily, and I think that's just because I am so uncomfortable.  I'm definitely a wave closer to tears that I used to be, but overall it was a happy week.  I am more moody at work than at home.... First graders are exhausting!

Belly Button in or out?  In, and seems to be getting deeper and bigger(ish).  Probably all in my head, but tis how it seems.

Wedding rings on or off?  On during the day, off as soon as I get home.  My fingers swell as it is, and my ring is probably fitted to tightly to begin with- but it hurts now if I don't take it off at night... At least I can still wear it during the day. 

New Baby Items: Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week:  Nothing this week.  We did stop at a Kohls and look at clothes and such, but with trying to prep for the move, we have put a lot of baby related stuff on the back burner until we are done.  We did play around some more with names... and my goodness if I didn't expect this to be the easiest decision ever and it has turned out to be one of the hardest...
Also, random interesting/funny fact from this week.  (Mostly for my own amusement...) Each week when we prepare to take my belly pictures, Sean looks back at the week before to try to get a similar profile, and similar lighting, etc.  Well after looking back at apparently my week 15 photos, he prepares to take this weeks and says... "Damn, you've gotten big! You've really grown!"  Thank you, sweetie, for further highlighting the growing girth of my midsection.  :) 

Looking Forward To:  My ultrasound in two weeks, which will hopefully include finding out the sex of the baby!  Additionally, sharing it with all of my coworkers-- They will be placing their bets the following day, by wearing pink or blue to work to take sides, and then I will "reveal" with cupcakes.  I'm really excited that my coworkers are so excited for me.  LOVE YOU GUYS!

A Look at Gummy:

  • He/she is about 5 inches long (head to rump) and weighs about 5 ounces.
  • Baby’s skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it.
  • His/her umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and the little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints.
  • He/she can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.


No comments:

Post a Comment